Everyone’s employment rights must be upheld and employers must fulfil their responsibilities to their employees whilst in the workplace.

If you have concerns about your workplace rights, you are seeking advice regarding a work-related dispute or you need advice on unfair dismissals this page may be helpful.

Whilst it is often thought that Members of Parliament, such as Tan, are responsible for these issues, on many occasions this is not the case. Tan Dhesi MP is not able to assist in settling private disputes with employers or provide legal advice. 

The national organisations below may be able to offer you advice and support with your workplace issue.

Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS)  

ACAS is a confidential helpline for anyone who needs employment law or workplace advice. This organisation aims to provide a service to resolve work-related disputes and can offer assistance with challenging an unfair dismissal.

Helpline: 0300 123 1100 

Website: https://www.acas.org.uk/

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) 

CAB offers confidential advice and provides information on your workplace rights, disputes at work, unfair dismissals, employment tribunals and other work-related issues.


Phone: 01753 981040 / 0808 1697766 / 0800 144 8848 (National Phoneline)

Website: https://caeb.org.uk

Address: Chalvey Community Hub, Ladbrooke Road, Slough, SL1 2SR. 

Thursdays 10am-12.15pm. There will be three 45 min slots available on a drop-in basis.


If you have a query about Government policy on employment or wish to know Tan’s perspective on a legislative or policy matter, please contact our office.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search