Rising crime levels are deeply concerning and inflict tragic consequences upon individuals, families and our community.

As a Member of Parliament, Tan does not have jurisdiction over the police or the courts and is not able to provide legal advice. However, if you or a family member have been the victim of a crime or experienced anti-social behaviour, the details below outline who is best placed to assist you with your query and who to contact if you are seeking legal help.


Reporting a crime

In the event of an emergency, please call 999 immediately. For non-emergency enquiries, please call 101, or report a crime through the Thames Valley Police website.

If you wish to follow up on a crime you have already reported or make a complaint, you can do so here.

Whilst Tan is unable to intervene in an ongoing police investigation, if you are a resident of the Slough constituency and have contacted Thames Valley Police but have not received a response, Tan and his team can contact the police on your behalf to request an update on your case.

For anti-social behaviour or noise complaints you can also report these to Slough Borough Council, through online forms which can be found below:

Please note that if you are a victim of serious antisocial behaviour, where you fear for your own or another’s safety, please contact the police.


Additional support on disputes  

As a Member of Parliament, Tan is unable to get involved in personal or consumer disputes, if you require free legal advice or additional information, please contact Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).

CAB offers confidential advice and provides information on getting free or affordable legal advice and taking your case to court without a lawyer.

Phone: 01753 981040 / 0808 1697766 / 0800 144 8848 (National Phoneline)


Address: Chalvey Community Hub, Ladbrooke Road, Slough, SL1 2SR. 

Thursdays 10am-12.15pm. There will be three 45 min slots available on a drop-in basis.



If you wish to make a complaint against the police you can do so through the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) – please find details on how to do so here.

If you have more general issues you would like to raise regarding policing in our local area, the elected Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) is often best placed to assist. The Police and Crime Commissioner is responsible for holding the Chief Constable to account, scrutinising police performance, creating a Police and Crime Plan and engaging with communities on policing issues. You can find out more about the Police and Crime Commissioner for the Thames Valley and contact his office here.

If you have already contacted the Thames Valley PCC and have not received a response, then Tan is able to follow up on your behalf. Please get in contact if you require Tan’s assistance on this matter.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search