Council Issues

Whilst it is often thought that Members of Parliament are responsible for running local services, this is not the case. Our local council is responsible for the provision of local services in Slough. 

Members of Parliament, such as Tan Dhesi MP, do not have authority over local councils and as such do not have any power to intervene in their decisions.

An outline of Slough Borough Council’s services and provisions:

  • Housing benefit
  • Council tax support
  • Local housing allowance
  • Waste collections
  • Business licences and permits
  • Early years and childcare
  • Children at risk
  • Council tax
  • Antisocial behaviour
  • Industrial pollution
  • Council home applications
  • Council home repairs
  • Homelessness
  • Parks and open spaces
  • Parking permits and fines
  • Road maintenance
  • Planning and building control
  • School admissions
  • Adult social care services
  • Support for carers
  • Mental health services

Tan Dhesi MP is regularly contacted by constituents regarding the issues outlined above, and whilst he is happy to support you in contacting the council, it is always best to raise the issue initially with the relevant council service.

If you need support with any council issues, then this page may be helpful.

Slough Borough Council 

In the first instance, problems with services provided by Slough Borough Council should be raised directly with the Council.

You can do this on their website by using their complaints procedure

Alternatively, you can book an appointment with an advisor from the Council on the Slough Borough Council website: will be able to offer you a face-to-face appointment should you need additional support.

Local Ward Councillors 

Additionally, you can raise Council related issues with your local ward councillors.

Local councillors are elected to decide council matters and represent you with council issues.

You can find the contact details for your local ward councillors on the Council’s website:


If you are a resident of the Slough Constituency and have already tried to contact your local ward councillors and the council for help but your issue remains unresolved, Tan Dhesi MP and his team can contact the council on your behalf to request an update.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search