Interim Parliamentary Assistant
Location: Westminster (with some working in Slough)
Salary: IPSA salary band London area Research 2 (from £25,500-£28,000)
Deadline: 9th October, Midday
Start date: ASAP, subject to security clearance
Tan Dhesi MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to cover a (Shared Parental Leave) period of 6 months, to support the work of his busy office.
- To support Tan in his role as Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, including giving advice on policy issues.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Assist in writing external communications, including speeches for the MP and social media posts
- Prepare and present briefing notes for parliamentary activity, including press releases, parliamentary questions etc
- Develop and maintain current knowledge on relevant areas of parliamentary business
- Monitor local, regional and national media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issue
- Assist with casework as required
- Respond to correspondence and enquiries from constituents, and external organisations.
Skills and attributes:
- Excellent written and personal communication skills
- Interest and knowledge in economic policy
- Strong research ability and organisational skills
- Excellent understanding and use of social media
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Previous experience of working in Parliament is desirable
- Sympathetic to the values of the Labour Party
To apply for this post, please email a one page covering letter and CV to email@example.com by the deadline, with the subject “Application: Parliamentary Assistant”.