Job Title: Constituency Caseworker / Support Officer
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday 10th October 2019
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Tan Dhesi MP is looking to appoint a full-time Constituency Caseworker / Support Officer, based in his constituency office to start as soon as possible. The office is situated in Chalvey within the Slough parliamentary constituency and is within easy commuting distance from central London.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public by telephone and email on issues relating to housing, benefits, school placement and other such casework from constituents
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues
- Progress and draft individual casework as required
- Attend constituency meetings and surgeries as appropriate and represent MP when necessary
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- General administrative tasks – Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Assist the MP with other duties as required
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends occasionally
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise
- A good team player
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
The following skills are required:
- A good understanding of the British political system and local government
- A good understanding of Housing and Benefits systems
- A good grasp of current affairs
- An understanding of constituency issues
- An excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of the Slough constituency
- Basic knowledge of immigration law
- Knowledge of caseworker.mp
Upon appointment, you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5pm Thursday 10th October
Interviews: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Candidates successfully selected for an interview will be contacted ahead of the closing date with further details.
Start date: as soon as possible.
All applicants should email their CV (including two named referees) with a short covering letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by 5 pm on the closing date to email@example.com.